Advice About Carbon Monoxide

Advice About Carbon Monoxide

 

Commonly called the ‘silent killer, carbon monoxide gas is a by-product of the combustion of fuels such as gas, propane, wood and kerosene. Carbon monoxide has no smell and no taste and therefore no warning. A heating system or fireplace that is not vented appropriately can cause a problem and carbon monoxide will collect in your home and result in major health troubles.

There are a few various caution indicators that you must understand about to keep you safe. If your indoor air is stale or stuffy usually, your pilot lights will not keep on, you smell gas while you switch on your house devices or your vent pipeline or chimney is covered in white, chalky residue, then you’ve got trouble. There are some indicators too. If members of your family are experiencing flu-like signs, nausea, burning eyes, drowsiness or headaches continually, you may have damaging levels of carbon monoxide.

To help let you know there is carbon monoxide present, you can use a carbon monoxide alarm. It is best to have carbon monoxide alarms on each floor if you live in a house and near to the bedrooms. There are many places to purchase cheap carbon monoxide alarms so there is no excuse not to protect yourself.

When you are sleeping, you may be at your most vulnerable to carbon monoxide poisoning. Most of us have seen news of families who didn’t understand they had a problem, and never woke up. Make sure you have carbon monoxide¬† detectors to keep an eye on all sleeping areas in your house, so that everyone will awaken when it goes off. One display placed in distance to all of them will suffice when you have multiple bedrooms in one location. You must also mount carbon monoxide alarms near to other rooms that have gas powered home appliances, or fireplaces.

 

carbon monoxide alarm for the home